Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Another boring day...?

hmm... nothing much happened today... just another ordinary day... nothing interesting to talk about... just like so many days have passed here... i call it boredom... went to the 'beach' by myself... i call it beach cause there is a little bit of sand, but others call it i don't know what... started throwing rocks into the sea. matched my own record and bounced one 6 times. many people don't know how to make a rock 'jump' on water... i remember when my dad taught me that, if i'm not mistaken when i was around 6 or 7 years old. he took a rock and flung it into the water yet it didn't sink it jumped... at that time, i as so amazed and tried to do it eagerly... i remember picking up a rock and throwing it and it sank immediately with a big 'plop' sound. and i remember staring at my dad, with my 'why' written all over my face, i remember at that time i was kinda fat, not kinda i guess, just really fat, and people used to pinch my cheeks and say how cute i was... (good memories good memories...) my dad looked at me and said, 'find a flat rock, and throw it as close to the surface as you can...' with a few nods, i tried again and again under my dad's watch. and when i finally did manage to make it jump twice, i was so happy... life then seems so much like a distant memory. throwing rocks nowadays makes me think of physics, of how when the diagonal movement of the rock and a large surface area makes the rock seem to jump because it could not overcome the surface tension of water. yes, there is a stupid badly drawn diagram of how it happens in my head now. but it ain't all that bad, when i first jumped the rock twice, i was so happy and i remember my dad smile too. we weren't always the luckiest family back then and i remember how hard my parents tried to make us happy with whatever little we had. my mom never failed to cook and feed me a meal i loved everyday even though it was so much trouble to her (till today, i still love the way she smiles when she feeds me), cleaned my clothes and did so much that it is hard for me to mention. my dad, i remember he used to work so much yet he always made time for my sister, my brother and i when he came back no matter how tired he was. i even remember a time when he photocopied a book on origami and kept the 3 of us occupied for what i guess was a month. i use to wait for him to come back to show him my badly folded planes and all. i don't know why, but i'm glad that i have my parents, and i often wonder why people say things like 'if i was born into a richer family' in awe and honesty, because to me, i will only be me, when i have my parents and my 3 siblings with me. one last thing, i read somewhere today that the greatest blessing for parents is a child, i disagree...
'my greatest blessing is my parents...'
i miss you all a lot, and i love you all a lot...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so touching...huhu...

Ganeindran said...

well... at least it touched you... hehehe