Saturday, June 21, 2008

tales of a clover...

(image courtesy of japanwindow.com by Andy Gray)

isn't it weird? our world? the four leaf clover like most know is actually deformed, yet most of us in this world love it so much. however, when it comes to people, i don't think we would think the same. i feel somewhat disgusted by myself that how i could once treasure things like four leaf clovers, but not feel the same for the same type of people. it's not that i hated them or despised them, it's that i could never see their beauty until a few years back when i still was in the St. John Ambulance brigade.a few of us were waiting for a bus to go back to school. we had just attended a class on how to take care of disabled and special people during emergencies in the St. John Ambulance HQ. i was feeling sorry and showing a little too much sympathy for those people, sympathy they didn't ask or need. my friend pointed out to me a bunch of three leaf clovers growing on the side walk, and said he wished he had a four leaf clover.
i laughed but he didn't, he said to me:
"i wished i had one because no one can see the beauty in those special people, but i bet that clover can, cause it is just like them..."
i never felt stupider in my life. with all my knowledge in science and this and that, how could i miss such a big resemblance. that's why, i don't feel pity for those people anymore, i feel pity for those who can't see how special those people are, like a friend (wan ying) once repeated to me recently, they are gifts from God to us. nowadays, when i help a special person, i only feel like i found another four leaf clover in my life... see things differently, only we can change our world...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur clover thingy too hard for me already i give up putting comment on it..haha
i like ur melt away pic..!

Ganeindran said...

moral of the clover story, 'don't judge a book by it's cover' especially if it's just because you think u are better than them

Jasmine Teh said...

Good thing you wrote about the clover thingy here... Now only I know...hmm..I still have much to learn...:)

Ganeindran said...

yes you do... hahaha